Monday, June 3, 2013

Trust and loving again

Trust.

Webster's dictionary defines trust as
a: assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone or something
b: one in which confidence is placed.

I would like to talk about the second definition. One in which confidence is placed. I love that. Honestly, cheating and love affairs have become a norm in our generation. It breaks my heart. I've tweeted numerous times that if you can't be faithful then you don't deserve to be in a relationship. I, personally, have never cheated on anyone in my life. I have been cheated on twice and have once been the "other girl." (I had no idea so don't think I'm a hussy because I am far from.) If you know that you are being cheated on, have some respect for yourself and end it. You deserve so much more than that. You deserve someone who treats you like you're a treasure... because you are.

Okay, well that is just one thing I wanted to talk about. I feel like that stuff is pretty obvious. On another note, I wanted to talk about trusting a new guy with your heart. This is easily one of the top ten scariest things ever. EVER. But you've gotta do it. Stop letting what the guys in the past have done to you completely affect the potential happiness that the new guy could bring to your life. Okay, yeah...  It's most definitely easier said than done. It's actually nothing that I can help you do. I can't give you how-to-steps on how to open your heart again or how to love again, but I can tell you from personal experience that it's a mindset that you need to put yourself in. It's about trusting that God has the perfect guy out there for you and knowing that, unfortunately, not every relationship is going to work out. But you know what I think about when one doesn't? You were in that relationship to learn a lesson, each failed relationship puts you one step closer to the man God has waiting for you, and think about how much more you will appreciate your husband when you find him.

I promise you that, regardless of what you may think, not every guy is going to screw you over. Not every guy is out to break your heart or ruin you for the next one. Are there really crappy guys out there who only care about themselves? Most definitely yes but don't give up hope that there are still good guys out there. If you're like me, you consider yourself a pretty decent person. I strive to be the best person I can be, to help everyone that I can, and love with my whole heart. In my opinion if there is ONE person like that in the world, there HAS to be more. There just has to be. (I'm not trying to be cocky but I take pride in the fact that I strive to be a good person.) I have faith that God has touched other people like He has me and they also strive to be good people.

So basically, you're probably scared. It's alright to be but don't let that stop you from opening your heart and giving love a chance. You might get hurt but it's not the end the book. It's just the end of the chapter. Love is real. It's out there... and you will find it. I'm praying that each and everyone of you find it because you deserve it.

Love, M.

Don't forget that you can always e-mail us with anything you need to talk about, tomyfuturehus@ymail.com.

1 comment:

  1. Great post. I to have never cheated and never could, but I've had my experienced being cheated on. Or almost cheated on. Depends on how you define cheating. I was with someone who sexted and got inappropriate photos from other girls while we were together but claimed he never slept with them. In my book, that's cheating emotionally. Learning to trust after that was so hard and it's still something I struggle with but I have to remember that not all guys are bad!

    ReplyDelete