Monday, November 4, 2013

Standards

Alright so after asking y'all what you wanted to read tonight, you decided that you would rather hear about having standards than how I knew I was in love. (Don't fret, I'll write that blog post later)

I cannot stress how important it is for you to have standards for you want in your future husband and how you should never settle. You need to realize what is important to you and realize that if the guy that you like does not meet these requirements, he might not be the one for you. I understand that it is hard to get over someone but think about it this way... If he does not meet all of your requirements, are you sure that you would want to spend the rest of your life with a man like that? Figure out what you want in a man and don't settle for any less. If that means that you need to end things with a guy, do it. Why are you investing your heart and emotions into a man who you know you will not marry? I don't know about you but I don't have the emotional capacity to set myself up for heart break and disappointment. 

My requirements:
1. Loves God
2. Faithful and Loving
3. Will be a good father to my future babies
4. Driven because he knows that he will one day have a family to help support
5. Gets along with my family

Can you list your top 5? If not, you should really think about that as you are getting ready to fall asleep for the night. You need to know what you are looking for in a future husband before you begin your search.



Now that we've talked about actually having standards, we need to talk about the difference of having having high standards and having high standards that are just not realistic and reasonable. You never know who you will fall in love with so have those 4-5 non-negotiables but then go into every potential relationship with an open mind. I always thought that I would marry a man who was 6' or taller but my man is only 5'10 or 5'11. I always thought I would marry a country boy but here I am dating a city boy. I thought I would never date a man who was older than my big brother but my man is is a year older than him. Wesley is not exactly who I thought that I would end up with but now that I am with him, I would not want to be with any other man. He is absolutely perfect for me in every way possible.

Y'all, I just want to remind you that just because you may have not found your prince charming yet, it doesn't mean that you will never meet him. Never lose faith that you will find your perfect man. He's out there. God will send him to you when He thinks that you both are ready.


Take delight in the LORD, 
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
- Psalm 37:4


Love, M 


P.S. When I was on Memento's blog today when I was at work, I fell even more in love with this company. I teared up when I read this amazing post. I will definitely be giving back. Click here to learn how you can, too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment