Monday, November 18, 2013

Sometimes the hardest person to love is yourself.

I spent all day contemplating what I wanted to write about tonight. I honestly had no idea until I opened up our ask.fm account to see if we had any questions. I don't know if you know this but we occasionally have guys ask us for advice. Tonight a guy sent us a 'question' - it was actually more of a statement - but it said, "I'm unsure as to whether or not I am good enough for her."

I began to think about how so many people think that they might not be good enough - especially for the guy or girl that they truly have feelings for. Well, I'm here to say that YOU. ARE. GOOD. ENOUGH. It literally breaks my heart when y'all tell us that you don't feel good about yourselves. I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I've been completely happy with myself my entire life. So what did I do to feel better about myself?


I made a change. I knew what I'm wasn't happy about - my weight. After sitting around moping about how I was so unhappy with myself, I decided to make a change. I worked out and ate healthier. After a while, I saw results and was extremely happy. On another note, I went through a phase where I suffered from mild depression. I was a pessimist and looked at everything from a negative point of view. I don't know what happened but one day something just clicked for me. When I realized that I was thinking of something in the "glass half empty" perspective, I would try to tell myself that it was going to be okay and that it would all work out. That was the hardest thing I ever had to do. 

If you are constantly working to better yourself - whether it be to get to a healthier weight or to live with a positive attitude - you are constantly making yourself feel better. Don't do it for a guy... do it for you. The right man will love you no matter what. Do it so that you can look in the mirror and smile because of how happy with yourself you are. Do it so that you can be the BEST version of yourself. 

I constantly reminded myself that I am amazing. Y'all, when I say that it breaks my heart when I get messages from you guys saying that you don't think you're pretty enough, smart enough, whatever, I mean it. I can't tell you how many times I've been in tears over it. You guys don't realize that this twitter means more to me than randomly sending messages to my future husband. I want to inspire you - to give you hope. 

So what have I done in the past to remind myself how amazing I am? I would leave myself little notes. I have written on my mirror "You're beautiful" or bible verses such as "I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, and I know that full well. - Psalm 139:14." When I see these, I am constantly reminded that I need to stay positive. I can tell you what I have done but at the end of the day, it's ultimately a mindset that you are going to have to put yourself in. It's so hard. My gosh, it's so hard but trust me... When you get to a point when you can look at yourself and say "I'm happy and proud to be me because I am fabulous #hairflip," it's the best feeling in the world. 

I realized that God loves me and forgot about everyone else. This is the MOST important thing EVER. The only one who can judge you is God. He made you. He LOVES you. Stop comparing yourself to every other girl out there. They don't matter. God matters. 


I'm ending this with this incredible music video. Turn your speakers up and jam out! 



Love always, M 

P.S. I love y'all. Thank you for inspiring me.You guys help me to be the best version of myself that I can be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment