Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Chase


So.. I remember tweeting something along the lines of "#CallMeOldFashioned because I believe in a boy courting a girl" and being snapped at by some boy. I couldn't help but go to his profile to see if he was in relationship. After about 10 minutes of stalking, I realized that he was single. I honestly couldn't help but think "that's probably why." Courtship is so important in my book. A boy has to earn my love.

I am a firm believer that a boy needs to try really hard to win me so that he'll appreciate me when he gets me. My heart is a fragile thing. It's been broken, beaten, and battered. It needs to be handled with care, and if you think I'm going to give it to anyone to mess with... you're thinking again. Before I let him in, I need to make sure that he's here to stay and will take care of it. He needs to prove to me that he deserves it. Now don't get me wrong, I've never been one for games. If I'm into you, you'll know, but there are little things that I need to do in order to protect myself. 

When talking to my little (little sorority sister), I always tell her "Prince Charming chased Cinderella, not the other way around." Girls do not need to be the one who is doing the chasing. How do I  make boys chase me? It can be as simple as letting him text ME first. It may not be that I don't want to talk to him, I very well could and probably do, but he doesn't necessarily need to know this right off the bat. When I am texting him AFTER he's texted me, I throw in a few winky's or sly comments to let him know that I'm interested. I'm so glad that I have an iPhone because it just seems so much easier to flirt with emoji's. Texting is annoying in general, but it's how we work in the 21st century. If he doesn't text me, well he's just not interested. Yeah, it sucks but that's just the truth. A guy who is interested will put in the effort. After I've let him text me first for a couple of days, I text him first. I want to put myself out there and show him that I do think about him sometimes and that I actually do want to talk to him.  it's right back to letting him text me first. 

Now onto dates. I cannot exaggerate enough how much I dislike the term "hanging out" when it comes to love or romance. Hanging out is NOT a date, it's two people casually spending time with each other. A first date should be out at a neutral place, more than likely a restaurant, and HE should be the one to initiate it. A guy needs to ask me to dinner or whatever. I mean I'm super old fashioned so little efforts like picking me up goes a long way because most guys don't do that anymore. I honestly don't mind meeting a guy somewhere for dinner but as awful as it sounds I do expect him to pay. If I'm paying for my part of the meal, I'm not on a date. That's just how it is for me. If it works out, I don't mind taking my guy on dates as a nice gesture. But at first, at least in my book, he should be the one paying. 

The chase shows me who truly is interested in me. There are times where I have given my number to boys and they talk to me for a couple of days then stop all of a sudden. Well, that's their loss because I'm a catch. I plan on marrying a man who will strive each day to show me that he cares about me and who will put in the effort every single day. He's going to have to prove to me that he'll be able to do that during our marriage while we're dating. I mean, I'll be doing the same thing. Once I find the guy that I'm supposed to marry, I'll be spending every single day proving to him that I'm the girl that God has been preparing for him. 

ANYWAYS... Ultimately, I think that the chase is the first show of if a guy is truly interested and will put in the effort to win you over. If he wants it, he'll work for it. Once he's worked for it, he should work to keep it. It's a never ending thing. 

Love, M.

AGAIN... I am not trying to step on anyone's toes. I'm not trying to tell you this is how you should run your love life. If you think otherwise, I respect that. This is just my views, and it's worked for me so far. I'm sure yours has worked for you! 

1 comment:

  1. Do you think being a feminist as a male will help or hurt one's chances at finding a spouse? I've had this discussion with a friend and we disagreed and then unfortunately the talk itself turned disagreeable. I've been thinking about this a tad more since Susan A. Patton's letter in the Daily Princetonian went out to the Internet and everyone went ballistic. Susan's letter could be summed up as this: Princeton ladies, now is your best chance to find a compatible mate. I follow your Twitter account and have read a few posts, so I glean that you're probably socially conservative and have more traditional views. Nothing wrong with that at all, I just wanted your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete