Sunday, February 17, 2013

Alone but not lonely

Okay, so I just sat here for approximately ten minutes staring at the computer screen trying to figure out how I was going to write this, which direction I was going to go, what message I wanted to send.

If you read the blog titled "The Battle Before the Victory" or something like that, you saw that I recently ended things with my guy. This week has been a test for me. I'm learning how to stand on my own all over again. In one of my previous blogs, I talked about letting a man contribute to my happiness but not determining it. H, also, tweeted a long time ago "I was raised to never depend on a man but to instead find a man and learn to share your life with him." Well y'all, home girl is on POINT.  I'm not going to let the fact that I didn't get a good morning text determine the course of my day. I don't need a good morning text to be happy. The fact that I didn't have a valentine this year? That's perfectly okay. Every girl loves hearing that she is beautiful. Well you know what? The bible tells you that you are. Every girl loves hearing that she is loved. The bible tells you that, too. I am already unconditionally loved by the most amazing man ever--God.

In society today being single has such a negative connotation but is it really? In my opinion, no. It means that you have high enough standards to not settle. It means that you love yourself enough to not stay in an unhealthy relationship. It means that you know your worth. Sometimes we have to remember that being single does not mean we are weak. It means that we are strong enough to stand on our own. It means that you trust in God enough to remain alone until He sends you a man worthy of your love. You are placing your heart in His hands and trusting that He will place it into the hands of a man who deserves it. (LOVE that quote.)

So what if you're single? Live it up! We get so caught up in having someone to spend time with, someone to cuddle with, someone to shower us with affection--and I admit those things sound and are nice--but really, what is life if you are not your own person? When you marry someone, do you lose your entire identity? I will give 500% effort in my marriage, but at the same time... I want to remain my own person. I want to share my friends with him and befriend his friends, but I do not need to go out with him every time he wants to go spend time with his boys. If I am going to brunch with the ladies--as much as I will love spending time with him-- I want to be able to just have that time with my girls. Space is a beautiful thing. It helps keep you sane. 

Remember... being single is not a bad thing. You already have the most important unconditional love--God's. As Kevin Hart says, "Do you, boo boo." Have fun. Use it as motivation to better yourself. Work on your relationship with God. There are so many more aspects to life. Just remember to stay classy and always strive to be a Proverbs 31 wife because one day God will send you the man He has waiting for you. 

Love, m. 


No comments:

Post a Comment