Monday, February 11, 2013

Dear Future Husband

Dear Future Husband,

I can't wait to grow old with you. I want to make you feel handsome even when you're old and gray. I want to make you breakfast on Saturday mornings before we go to our 11 o'clock tee time then praise God with you the very next morning. I want to spoil you, encourage you, and love you. I want to be there beside you as you're fulfilling your dreams-- encouraging you every step of the way. I want to make you laugh when you're having a bad day. I want to make you fall in love with me every single day. It's not always about what you can do for me but also what I can do for you. In my opinion, that's love. It's when you stop being selfish and begin being selfless.

I've always been skeptical, but I've never lost faith that God will eventually send you my way. I've had a plan set out in my head for years but one thing that I've learned is that God always has a different plan... one with a better result than mine could ever have.

Maybe I've already met you, maybe I haven't. All I know is that one day I'm going to realize that I have fallen madly in love with you. I'm sure I'll be terrified and excited all at the same time. But you know what? I can't wait. 

Love your future wife, M.


---this letter was taken from a personal tumblr blog that I have but they ARE my words.

1 comment: