Monday, February 4, 2013

The Time Crunch

Y'all, let me tell you that I am an ambitious planner. I always have been ever since I was a little girl. Not only would I dream big but I would strategically plan every little detail to a T in order to reach my goal. I always knew what I wanted... Or so I thought. I want y'all to take a guess at how many times things went my way exactly according to my hypothetical plans. That's right... NONE. Shocker, right? 

Over the years, one of things that I have learned is it doesn't matter what I have planned. It doesn't matter what I want to happen or what result I am dreaming up, God probably has something different in mind. Guess how many times I've been disappointed with the result? None. If I'm not happy, it's not the end. 


What does this have to do with my love life or yours? Everything. As I grow older with each passing year, I swear the pressure to get married grows more and more intense. Everyone around me seems to be getting engaged or married. I mean goodness, every time I get on Facebook it's another announcement. Don't get me wrong, I am so ecstatic for each and every person but I'm going to be graduating college in a year. I always thought that I would be engaged by the time I was a senior. 


But you know what? I've learned that I need to slow my roll. I realized that I can plan all I want but if its not aligned with God's plan, it's probably not what's best for me in the long haul. I might know what I want, but He knows what I need. He will always have my best interest in mind. I need to trust in His timing because its perfect. 


So what if everyone is getting engaged, married, or having kids? It's their time. Just because it's not yours does not mean it's never going to be. If your like me and your family constantly asks when they're going to be hearing those wedding bells, just tell them that God doesn't think it's your time yet and that it's perfectly okay that it's not. Let me repeat that... it is perfectly okay that it's not. 

Yes, you may feel the pressure of the "time crunch" to get married but the best things come to those who wait. Also... Keep in mind that the longer you wait, the more you tend to appreciate something. The right guy will come when God thinks you both are ready. He will think you are beautiful even when you have no make up on, and you will think he's still handsome when he is old and gray. You'll annoy him when you make him wait, and he'll annoy you when he complains about it. You'll have your very own fairy tale... one written by the best author of all, God. It's going to be totally worth it. 





Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no records of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5




Love, M.

E-mail me comments, questions, anything. I love talking to y'all. 
Contact info in the "Contact Us" section of the blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment